warning

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
There's no telling what might follow, you have been warned.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Debt Ceiling What Debt Ceiling?

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the Debt Ceiling. Whats the point of try to put a limit on Debt if the limit keeps getting raised? I understand we have had this debt ceiline law for around 70 years or so and the ceiling has been raised about 50 times. It doesnt seem to matter who is in the White House or who is in the majority in the Congress no one wants to live within a budget. I would love to be able to just increase my budget whenever I wanted unfortunately I live outside Washington and am required to actually increase my income or decrease my spending in order to increase my budget. Why do we even have a Debt Ceiling in the first place? I have heard that we are one of two democracies in the world to actually think this is a good idea. I am starting to think the entire purpose of this Debt Ceiling is just for one or the other political party to make noise from time to time and isnt really taken seriously. Since the limit is adjustable at any time is it really a limit? Perhaps we should just do away with the entire thing as it does not work in the first place. Another great idea from our Congress to solve a problem where the cure is worse than the disease. I really do like the saying " If you think the problems congress causes are bad wait till you see the solutions". I am more and more of the opinion all incumbents should be voted out of office no matter what party just throw them out and vote in someone who has not had a chance to mess things up. We keep electing Democrats or Republicans and they keep doing the same old things and we are surprised that the same old problems keep happening. Has America gone crazy? Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results is a sure sign of insanity. Maybe Ben Franklin was right and this country will fail once we figure out we can just vote ourselves more money. Maybe its time to vote Libertarian at least it would be a change and they havent had a chance to screw things up yet. We should be a little more equal opportunity in allowing politicians to ruin things. There are alot of regular Americans out of work maybe we should just elect them and see what happens. Couldnt be much worse than the lot we ahve working for us now. Im sure those folks looking for work would like having a job and maybe just in a way to say thanks actually do a good job for a change. Oh well we keep electing politicians and see the mess we have that should tell us something I think. We have exactly the people we elected and we get what we deserve I guess. I am bored with this think I will go do something else now.

No comments:

Post a Comment