warning

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
There's no telling what might follow, you have been warned.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Madness takes its toll...

Thatll be 75 cents please. Madness might take a toll but it doesnt pay very well let me tell ya. Perhaps it should increase the rates and maybe I could get a raise in the future. Oh well no use complaining, that pays even less. I have to say today I think my dog is a genius. Heres why, Ive always heard its not whether you win or lose but how you play the game. I always thought  sure show me someone who likes losing and I will show you a loser. Or this one Winners never quit and quitters never win but Idiots never win and never quit. Anyway that whole winning and losing thing always got in the way of games. Something I noticed yesterday from my dog was it doesnt matter whether you win or lose either way the games over. See the dog loves tug of war its obsessive about it. He keeps bothering me while Im sitting at my computer to play. I noticed He doesnt like winning or losing cause that means theres no more tugging which is His favorite part. I would play tug with him for a little bit and then let him win and He kept coming back for more tug. I suspect Hes a genius because He figured out for Him its not about the winning or losing but about the joy of the game. I think there might be something profound in that. Im still working on the concept but it occurs to me if we worried less about winning or losing and tried to enjoy the game more things might be a little better for us all. I dunno thats what the Dog says at least. It seems to work for Him I guess sometimes even winning is losing if winning means you have to stop doing what you enjoy. I dont know, I mean I enjoy playing games but everything ends sometime or other and if its got to end I would rather end winning than losing any time. Perhaps we should spend as much energy trying to find a fun game as we can. Or maybe we should just try to enjoy what we are doing so much we dont want it to end. I dont know it could be that little Dog is just crazy enough to enjoy what He does and not worry about anything else. If you ask me thats not a bad kind of crazy to be. Well I still have some thinking to do maybe I will talk to you later about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment