warning

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
There's no telling what might follow, you have been warned.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Look out Im back again

Its Friday again funny how that happens every week. Im not even really looking forward to Saturday or anything so I guess Friday is just another day for me now. Not having to go into work everyday isnt as much fun as it seems sometime. Not that having to go into work everyday is fun or anything. There is something almost reassuring about a regular schedule. If my brain would ever cooperate I might even go find another job. I know crazy talk but without a job theres not as much to complain about. Once you get to that point after a while you can forget what day it is  because they all seem to be the same. Dont get me wrong here I didnt particularly like my job well the job wasnt so bad and the people I worked with were nice enough. Corporate America is really crazy Im not gonna name names but I worked for a good sized auto insurer. The 5 years I was the office I was employed by 4 different companies and never really moved desks or changed jobs. One change was going from the temp company that everyone started out working for to being hire as permanent so that was expected. The other 2 were corporate buyouts both of which made national news in one way or another. The first buyout was pretty quiet up until the parent company completely imploded in the recent financial mess. During that time employees were actually being harassed and assaulted for wearing their ID badges with the company name on it. It wasnt like any of us asked to work for that company we didnt even have a choice. One day a memo comes out and says were being sold. We werent even responsible for the financial problems of the parent company we had only been a part of that company for about 4 months when everything happened. Those were fun times answering the phones as customer service and getting cursed at for something that wasnt even related to the job but because of the main companies financial issues. Oh well I didnt really intend on getting that far into this issue on this post I might get deeper into it later. Suffice it to say about a year after the first sale of the company it was sold again so I worked for 4 companies and never moved buildings. Gotta love Corporate America where you can rise to the level of your incompetence the only place better for that is government. Oh well I think Im done talking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment